Since the family has been home more than usual for the past several months your entire living space probably could use some TLC. Or perhaps it’s simply time for a little updating. Whatever your situation, 2020 has been stressful, so why not pamper your home with some of these exciting interior design trends for the upcoming year?
- Once again, gray takes first place as the most popular neutral. By absorbing the accompanying undertones this versatile shade easily goes from cool to warm producing a soothing palette on which to create the room you’ve always envisioned. Gray also pairs perfectly with the hottest new accent color: classic blue. A bold elegant shade, classic blue quickly becomes the focal point in any room. From a contemporary sofa to a casual throw rug, this deep rich blue is definitely a showstopper.
- After months of working from home, and the real possibility that your home office will become your permanent office, functionality is going to be huge in 2021. It’s time to carve out dedicated space for a home office that combines both style and purpose. Think every square foot is already claimed? Take a creative approach and “think outside the space” when looking at everything from the laundry room to the upstairs hallway.
- In addition to the always popular metals and stone one of the newest and hottest trends of 2021 is forecast to be the incorporation of light woods. This raw color introduces a tactile outdoorsy experience to every room it graces. From Scandinavian inspired furniture, to flooring, wall coverings and even encased ceilings, light woods bring an unmatched aesthetic to integrated living areas.
- The old adage “less is more” is front and center for 2021. Austere simplistic space showcasing one stunning accent piece, especially a piece fashioned from recycled materials, or handcrafted from natural purer elements including woods and metals, is just one more way of incorporating nature into our daily lives.
- Following in the footsteps of clean open living spaces is industrial styling. Exposed brick walls and plumbing pipes joins forces with concrete floors and countertops. Oversized unadorned windows fill loft style rooms with unfiltered sunlight. At home on the factory floor as well as in your bedroom or dining area, industrial light fixtures along with door, window, kitchen and bath hardware in the same minimalistic style complete each and every room.
Searching for a builder who understands your vision and is ready, willing and able to bring it to fruition? Then it’s time to connect with Heritage Custom Builders, the Upstate’s premier residential building firm. You can easily reach us through our online contact form or by calling 864-420-9212. Heritage Custom Builders, with you from concept through completion.